Move over Starbucks Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade, there’s a new summer beverage in town and it’s A-MA-ZING! Meet my very own Ginger Hibiscus Lemonade! What is it? A juice-tea blend, perfect for summer, and incredible with home brewed kombucha HERE.
This is sweet summer days, sitting on a front porch, chilling at the lake, hanging with your bestie, sunshine, rainbows, butterflies, unicorns, ‘something to write home about’ GOOD.
Ginger Hibiscus Lemonade
- 4 Tea bags hibiscus tea
- ½ Gallon water, plus 3 cups
- 2-3 Inches fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/3 C Pure maple syrup
- 1 C Lemon juice
- 2 – ½ Gallon glass jars
- High speed blender
- Mesh strainer
- Boil ½ gallon of water (I use my electric kettle, although you may use a stock-pot).
- Once boiling, add 4 tea bags (remove the strings and paper tags before tossing them in).
- Allow to steep until the water has cooled to room temp. Remove tea bags.
- In a high-speed blender, add ginger and lemon juice. Blend on high until the ginger is completely pureed.
- Pour the lemon-ginger mix through the mesh strainer into one of the glass jars. Press the ginger pulp in the strainer to squeeze out as much juice as possible into the jar.
- Add the maple syrup and 3 cups water to the lemon-ginger mix. Stir to combine.
- Portion this mixture evenly between the two glass jars.
- Now take the room-temperature hibiscus tea and pour evenly between the two jars to fill. Chill or serve immediately over ice. May also be blended with home brewed kombucha HERE!
FDA Compliance: The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.